Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Photo scavenger hunt!

About 2 weeks ago, we did a scavenger hunt - however, instead of going off as a big group we seperated into smaller groups, and went to find places that were secluded, or areas we like to call 'our own' where we feel we are able to escape while on campus. Many people showed areas where you could sit, and relax and this got me thinking :) In first year i found an area of couches in the Fine Arts building, it just so happened that they also had a plug outlet which was key for charging up my battery for the next class. I really enjoyed this area and resulted in going there every week numerous times. However, once the accolade buildings were finished being built and renovated i noticed a higher percentage of traffic coming through thus resulting in people taking my seat that i had fallen in love with. I also noticed how loud the space became, with more people coming into it the conversations grew louder and now it was no longer a place of relaxation, more of a place to converse with friends between classes. Even during the scavenger hunt i took my group through this section, and at that time every spot on the couches was occupied.
I really enjoyed the scavenger hunt, and i though it was fascinating to see the different areas people go to on campus, that i really did not know even existed. I also enjoyed learning from my group members, ( i didnt even know york had a pond) they helped me explore the area of school i had never even acknowledged before.

This just comes to show you how sharing with others can truly impact your life!

No comments: